Is your business in need of a commercial property insurance plan? Call the professionals at Canby Insurance & Investment in Canby, OR today. We have been insuring business owners in the area since 1979. Our agents are experienced and knowledgeable. Whether you need building or flood insurance, we can help. Call us today to set up an appointment or to ask any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you.
Our Property Insurance Policies Include:
• If you own a commercial building, replacement cost coverage is needed. Although cost estimators are available,
Canby Insurance & Investments recommends that you secure an appraisal from a third party to accurately determine
the current replacement cost of the building.
• Most commercial property policies and homeowners’ policies exclude flood as a covered cause of loss. A separate
policy must be purchased to protect you from damage due to a flood.
• Business Personal Property
• This provides you coverage for your business personal property at a specified location and covers furniture, fixtures,
equipment and inventory. Be aware that most commercial property policies have very limited coverage for property taken
off the specified location. If you have equipment that is frequently taken off site to various locations, it is important that
you have an inland marine policy (equipment or installation floater) to cover this property.
• Business Income (Business Interruption Coverage)
• This coverage reimburses a business owner for lost profits and continuing fixed expenses during the time that a business
must stay closed while the premises are being restored because of physical damage from a covered event, such as a fire.
Business income insurance also may cover financial losses that may occur if civil authorities limit access to an area after
a disaster and their actions prevent customers from reaching the business premises. Depending on the policy, civil
authorities’ coverage may start after a waiting period and last for two or more weeks. It is strongly recommended that all
businesses acquire this coverage.
• Electronic Data Processing coverage is a separate property coverage specifically designed to protect your computer related
equipment. Most commercial property policies have limited coverage for computer networks. EDP broadens the causes of
loss to include things like power surges and in some cases virus attacks.
Canby Insurance & Investment offers a variety of liability insurance plans to business owners in Canby, OR and the surrounding areas. With more than 30 years of experience in the Willamette Valley area, we make a good choice for an insurance agency. Our staff is here to ensure you get the best plan for your needs. Whatever type of plan you are looking for; we can help you find it. Call us today with any questions or to set up an appointment. We look forward to helping you.
Our Liability Insurance Services Include:
• General Liability
• A broad commercial policy that covers general liability exposures of a business. Coverage typically includes product
liability, completed operations, premises and operations, and personal and advertising injury. We recommend that all
businesses have general liability coverage in place.
• Business Owners Policy (BOP)
• A business insurance policy that combines property, liability and business interruption coverages for small to medium-sized
businesses. This packaged set of coverages is generally less expensive than if coverage was purchased separately. A
Business Owners policy is typically available to businesses and industries that are viewed as having relatively low liability
• Workers Comp and Employers Liability
• This coverage pays for medical care and physical rehabilitation of employees injured at work and helps to replace lost wages
while they are unable to work. Additionally, this coverage protects an employer from being sued by an injured worker in most
cases. A commonly overlooked exposure for companies who employ mostly office workers is the potential injury to employees
while driving their own vehicles on company business. This could be as simple as an employee driving to a sales call, the bank
or office supply store. If you have employees, it is critical that you consider this important coverage.
• Professional Liability (E & O)
• E & O covers professionals for negligence and errors or omissions that injure their clients. In addition to covering licensed
professionals such as accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, architect and engineers, technology companies frequently
have a professional liability exposure. This typically arises from the fact that the general liability policy excludes damage to
data. Technology E & O can protect your company in the event that your negligence, error, or omission causes damage to a
third party’s data. We recommend that all professional and technology companies have E & O coverage.
• This business insurance policy provides coverage for losses above the limit of an underlying policy or policies such as General
Liability, Employers Liability and Automobile Liability. Due to the unpredictable nature of jury awards, Canby Insurance &
Investment recommends that your business insurance program have this coverage.
• Employment Practices Liability Insurance for employers that covers employment-related liabilities other than on the job injuries.
EPLI will cover legal fees and damages for suits such as wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and other
alleged violations an of employees’ legal rights. Although only three percent of Employment Practices lawsuits go in favor of the
plaintiff, the average cost to defend you in one of these is well over $200,000. If you have employees, we recommend considering
• D & O
• Directors and officers liability insurance (D & O) covers directors and officers of a company for negligent acts or omissions and for
misleading statements that result in lawsuits against the company. There are a variety of D & O coverage’s. Corporate
reimbursement coverage indemnifies directors and officers of the organization. Side-A coverage provides D & O coverage for
personal liability when directors and officers are not indemnified by the firm. Entity coverage, for claims made specifically against
the company, is also available. D & O policies may be broadened to include coverage for employment practices liability.
• Commercial Auto Liability
• This business insurance policy provides for bodily injury liability and property damage, as well as for injuries the policyholder or their
employee causes to someone else when operating a company automobile. Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for
treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car are also covered.
• Hired/Non-owned Auto Liability
• This provides a business with business insurance coverage for certain liabilities arising from the use of a rented or leased vehicle
(hired) or a non-owned vehicle (employee using their own vehicle on company business). This can often be inexpensively be added
to the commercial auto policy or in some cases a general liability policy.